Friday, March 09, 2007

Making money

I've become quite interested recently in improving my financial situation (which has resulted in me doing this blog). I think that's because of how much money I've had to spend to move countries. If I hadn't moved then both my partner and I would instead be debt free, having paid all of our debts off and still having a bit of change (due to a redundancy package I was paid at my now previous place of work). However, if we did that, we wouldn't have improved our lifestyle and opportunities for greater income by moving to Australia. Already she has a job (as of last week) that is 25% higher than anything she's ever had in NZ, and I'm looking at jobs that are in excess of 50% more than what I was able to get in NZ as well. Using our money to improve our future earning opportunities has been a wise decision, and what we earn here will go to service the debts we left behind in NZ and get rid of them much faster.

I'm hoping to make use of a lot of knowledge that I've gained over the years, as well as what information I find on the internet and from other people, and present it to the readers of this blog. Everyone wants to know how to improve their financial situation, and a lot of people are out there looking for all the help they can get.

I hope that what I find of value will also be of value to others. Maybe even to you. Just remember, I'm not an expert. The articles that I post are simply what I think is good advice. I hope to provide information that will be applicable to everyone, in every situation, but I know that's not always going to succeed.

If you have any questions or comments on how something could relate specifically to your situation, please feel free to ask, and I'll do my best in assisting, even if it's by pointing you to someone or somewhere that can help you better than I can.


No comments: