Friday, November 03, 2006

How to host your own community

A List Apart has this great article on how to host your own community. Following that link will give you more information about the below:

  • Are you really ready to start a new community?
  • Laying groundwork
  • Get ready and send invitations
  • It’s party time
  • Be ready to improvise
  • Keep your partygoers from leaving
  • Don’t let things get out of hand
  • Dealing with party crashers
  • Enjoy your own party
I've been working with forums for quite a while now, and most of the suggestions are things I already have learnt to do from experience. None of my forums have gotten over 50 members though, so they've never been 'great forums'. But still, I've enjoyed doing them over the years.

If you have a forum of your own, or if you want to start your own community, I hope you'll get some value from the above information.


No comments: